Quick tip: If you’re wanting to have your Apache document root point to a network share in Windows, here’s what you have to do:
- Change your DocumentRoot to the network share (drive remapping doesn’t seem to work). Example: DocumentRoot “//path/to/share”
- Make sure to update the DocumentRoot path in your <Directory> config
- Edit the Apache service
- On the “Log On’” tab, click the “Browse” button next to the “This account” radio button.
- Type in an account name that has access privileges to the network share and click “OK”
- Enter the correct password for the user
- Restart Apache and LOL your way to the bank.